It’s almost New Year’s Eve and time to bring out all the hors d’oeuvre recipes for your big bash. I have always loved guacamole but it took me a while to find just the perfect mix of ingredients to bring out all the flavor of the avocado and the freshness of the tomatoes and cilantro. Here is my recipe which has become a favorite of my family. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 ripe avocados – peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced (if very juicy, use ½)
- 3/4 t. salt
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 t. diced roasted poblano pepper (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (I use 1 t. of jarred jalapenos)
Mix all together.
To roast poblano pepper – heat oven to 500 degrees. Wash poblano pepper but do not dry. Place directly on rack in oven for 5-6 minutes per side until charred. Place in bowl covered with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. Then peel off skin (protect hands or wash thoroughly afterwards), seed and dice.
Happy New Year!